Education, Lectures & Workshops
- Provide educational services to schools and environmental organizations educating students in urban ecology, botany, native plants and wildlife gardens. Workshop with ACTION high school students at Hunts Point, Bronx.
- Offer classes on local nature, sustainable gardens, and connecting children to the outdoors through lectures and hands-on workshops.
- Increase awareness of our region’s floristic diversity and encourage public participation in the stewardship of local natural areas, through lectures at New York University, Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Center and other area institutions.
- Lecture (excerpt) at Nerd Nite, Galapagos Art Space, April 2009
- Foster knowledge and appreciation of native plants through educational initiatives such as Native Plant Display Garden in Union Square Park and NYC Wildflower Week